Home

 Columbia's History

 Upcoming Events & Meetings

 Newsletters

 Membership Application

 Historical Shop

 Officers & Board Members

 Pictures

 Contact Us

 Citizen of The Year

 Cemetery Records

 Columbia Block House
 



COLUMBIA TOWNSHIP CEMETERIES
( aka Columbia Station, OH 44028 )

COUNTY OF LORAIN
STATE OF OHIO

The information on this website has been assembled from public records, library reference material, reading of tombstone inscriptions and with the help of many others.

This information is intended only as a help to family genealogists in tracing their family trees and is provided as a courtesy through the voluntary efforts of the Columbia Historical Society. We assume no liability for any inaccuracy in this presentation. Readers are advised to consider all variations in spelling and to corroborate the dates from other sources.

We will gladly add corrections sent to us at via email or P.O. Box 983, Columbia Township, OH 44028. Although every effort has been made to achieve accuracy in the data, there may be errors due to hard to read handwriting, (most difficult task) variations in spelling of surnames, recording of file numbers etc. We will update twice a year and we suggest that anyone using these records for research should periodically check to see if there are any updates.

Civil War and Revolutionary War Veterans were taken from a list compiled in 1981 by Lucille Churchward MacClellen; 2007 contribution by Bert Nesbitt, member of the Ohio Genealogical Society; Old Cemetery, compiled by Miss Mary Pinckney and Mrs. Bernice Howard, 1958. Please contact the town clerk for additional information at 440-236-8802.

West View Cemetery
aka Old Baker or Hoadley
Located on east side of SR 252. mile south of
Sprague Rd. within Riverside Golf Course
c-1816-1912
This cemetery was started in 1816. It contains one Revolutionary soldier and many members of the pioneer Hoadley Family. The last burial was in 1917.

West View cemetery Interments (PDF) (DOC)

Columbia Center Cemetery
Located on east side of Columbia West River Rd.
A short distance north of SR 82
c-1811
This oldest cemetery of Lorain County was laid out in 1811 to accommodate 9 deaths from the plague. This site is the cabin clearing of Bela Bronson overlooking Rocky River Valley. Many pioneers from Waterbury, Connecticut, five Revolutionary War Veterans, and many members of the militia for the War of 1812 are buried here.

Columbia Center cemetery Interments (PDF) (DOC)

Royalton Road Cemetery
South side of SR 82 (Royalton Rd.)
1 mile (approx.) West of Columbia West River Rd.
First Burial June 5, 2004

Royalton Road cemetery Interments (PDF) (DOC)


Columbia Historical Society
Volunteer: Sharon Y. Miller Waldecker

Updated: 08/08/2016






Like us on Facebook!






We are looking for any information on the War of 1812.
If you have any ephemera that might be of interest please Contact Us